Toenail problems, such as splitting, cracking, and weakness, can be a source of embarrassment for many women, and are among the most common issues faced by women. Often, incorrect nail care practices are the cause of these problems.
So, let’s learn about the causes of toenail splitting and breakage, as well as some natural remedies to strengthen the nails.
Causes of toenail splitting
-Dry nails are one of the well-known causes of nail splitting. When the body’s fluid levels decrease, the nails become brittle and weak, making them susceptible to bending, breaking, and splitting from just using them to do something solid. They even become prone to breaking when wearing clothes.
-Biting nails is one of the bad habits that leads to nail splitting and weakness. As many women suffer from anxiety due to the pressure of life and mood swings during the well-known menstrual cycle. Therefore, the problem of nail biting is prevalent among them. Chewing on nails affects the nails and makes them brittle to a large extent. However, if you want to have strong nails all the time, you must stop this habit.
-There’s no doubt that fungi affect the strength of your nails, making them brittle. Bacteria and fungi can infect your nails if you don’t clean them well or if you use someone else’s tools that are not disinfected. The nails become extremely weak and this can be the reason for their lack of growth for a long time, leading to continuous splitting and breaking.
-There are some diseases that negatively affect the strength of nails and cause them to become brittle, such as diabetes, liver diseases, kidney diseases, skin cancer, and psoriasis. All these diseases weaken the strength of the nails and lead to their brittleness, even with special nail care routines.
-Excessive use of nail polish remover is one of the things that leads to nail breakage, as it contains harmful chemicals that weaken the strength of the nails. It is preferable to use nail polish removers made from natural ingredients to maintain the hydration of your nails.
Habits for Protecting Nails from Breaking
- 1- Avoid prolonged exposure to hot water on your hands.
- 2- Regularly use cuticle creams to maintain the strength of your nails.
- 3- Avoid using your nails to open or pick up metal objects.
- 4- Replace chemical-based nail polish removers with natural alternatives.
- 5- Take dietary supplements that help with nail care.
Natural remedies for cracked heels treatment
Lemon and olive oil recipe
- 1- Mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with a tablespoon of lemon juice.
- 2- Put the mixture in the microwave until it becomes warm.
- 3- Massage your heels with the mixture for 20 minutes, then leave it overnight. In the morning, rinse it off.
Olive oil is a natural nourishing ingredient for skin and heels. It strengthens your heels. Lemon, on the other hand, treats discoloration and fungal infections in the heels. By consistently using olive oil and lemon, you will get strong, problem-free heels in no time.
Sea salt recipe
- 1- Mix 2 tablespoons of fine sea salt with 4 drops of wheat germ oil and lemon oil.
- 2- Soak your hands and feet in the mixture for 15 minutes, then rinse and apply moisturizer.
Sea salt is a natural ingredient that can be used to remove dead skin and also helps strengthen the heels because it contains many nourishing vitamins.
Coconut oil recipe
- 1- Heat a moderate amount of coconut oil.
- 2- Massage your nails and fingers using coconut oil for 5 minutes.
Coconut oil is considered a magical solution to many skin and nail problems. It works as a natural moisturizer for the skin and nails. It is also an effective treatment in case of inflammation or fungal infections in the nails or skin due to its antimicrobial properties.
Egg yolk and milk recipe
- Mix an eggshell with 2 large tablespoons of milk.
- Soak the nails in the mixture for 20 minutes then rinse with cold water.
Eggshell and milk contain calcium, vitamins, and protein that help to strengthen nails in a natural and easy way. All these ingredients of the recipe are available within every woman’s kitchen. So take care of trying it at home without hesitation to get strong nails naturally.
Recipe for apple cider vinegar
- 1- Mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar with water.
- 2- Soak your nails in the mixture for 10 minutes then rinse them with fresh water.
Apple cider vinegar contains many nourishing minerals for your nails, which can be an effective treatment for brittle nails. Such as iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium, so it’s an effective treatment for most nail, hair, and skin problems.