It’s time to ditch nail whitening pens for treating yellow nails, as there are many natural remedies you can turn to for taking care of and whitening your nails naturally. Nails tend to easily change color due to many factors, such as excessive nail polish application or exposing your hands to dirt and dust all the time. To regain the whiteness of your nails so that they look clean and polished, all you need to do is follow one of the following natural methods for whitening the area under your nails.
Lemon juice is known for its many benefits in getting rid of bacteria and treating most common nail problems, as well as strengthening them. Therefore, do not hesitate to apply it to your nails to regain their strength and protect them from yellowing.
- Squeeze two lemons into a small bowl.
- Soak your nails in it for ten minutes.
- Wash your hands afterward with warm water and finish by applying a moisturizing hand cream.
Baking soda is known for its wonderful beauty benefits, with one of the most popular being its natural whitening properties for skin and nails.
- Mix two tablespoons of baking soda with a little warm water to form a suitable paste.
- Apply the mixture to your nails, making sure it reaches under each nail.
- Leave the paste on your nails for five minutes, then wash your hands with water.
Toothpaste is another useful material in magically whitening the nails that no one can imagine. You can try this method if you are looking for a simple way available at your home.
- Apply toothpaste to the area under the nails.
- Leave it for three minutes, then wash your hands with lukewarm water.
White vinegar also has skin-bleaching properties, so you can use it to whiten the area under your nails.
- Put a tablespoon of vinegar in a small cup filled with water.
- Soak the tips of your fingers in the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Finish by washing your hands and applying a moisturizing cream to your hands and nails.
Salt and lemon juice
If you’re looking for a quick and magically effective way to whiten your nails naturally, try using a salt and lemon juice scrub.
- Mix equal parts of salt and lemon juice in a small cup to make a scrub.
- Rub your fingers with the mixture and leave for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your hands thoroughly and moisturize with your favorite cream.
Tea tree oil
Using tea tree oil on nails is one of the best solutions you can resort to, as it helps strengthen and treat them from any yellowing if you continue to apply it. If you apply this recipe twice a day, you will notice the difference after one week.
- Apply a little tea tree oil on the nails and on the inside.
- Massage your nails for a few minutes, then rinse them thoroughly.
Apple cider vinegar
If you’re looking for a product to treat the bacteria or fungus that makes your nails yellow, you should try using apple cider vinegar. All you have to do is apply apple cider vinegar three times a day for a month and you will notice that the yellowing of your nails will disappear significantly.
- Mix 2/1 cup of apple cider vinegar with water.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for 20 minutes.
Lemon juice and soap
Lemon juice and soap: Another great way to whiten your yellow nails easily and quickly is to use lemon juice with water and soap.
- Mix 1/2 cup of lemon juice with 2 tablespoons of liquid soap in a cup of warm water.
- Soak your nails in the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Rinse your nails thoroughly and don’t forget to apply moisturizing cream.